Answer: If you are a homeowner who cannot pay your mortgage payment(s), or are already in foreclosure, you should do the following:
- Loan Modification - Even though you do not have a good chance of getting a loan modification approved by your lender(s), you should give it a try. Therefore, contact your mortgage company immediately to discuss a loan modification.
- Discuss your situation with a real estate attorney and/or bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options if the loan modification is not approved.
- If a loan modification will not work, or is not approved, and you owe more than your home is worth and you cannot pay you mortgage, you need to speak with a REALTOR who specializes in short sales and pre-foreclosures (preforeclosures) to discuss selling your home.
- Rutherford County Tennessee: Murfreesboro TN, Smyrna TN and La Vergne TN (LaVergne TN)
- Williamson County Tennessee: Brentwood TN and Franklin TN
- Davidson County Tennessee: Nashville TN and Belle Meade TN