I think all the bank CEO's should step down right now as they have mismanaged their banks and collected millions in pay and bonuses despite their failings. The banks has completely botched the handling of pre-foreclosures, short sales and foreclosures. I am personally dealing with Bank of America on a short sale located in Murfreesboro Tennessee (Rutherford County TN) and I was able to get approval within 3 weeks, but it took a lot of phone calls and emails to push them to a decision. It just should not be that difficult. As a result of Bank of America's incompetence (and the incompetence of other lenders) there are more short sales and foreclosures in Middle Tennessee (in the Nashville TN area) than there should be. Goodbye Mr. Lewis!
If you are a homeowner who cannot pay your mortgage payment(s), or are already in foreclosure, my recommendation is that if you should do the following:
- Loan Modification - Even though you do not have a good chance of getting a loan modification approved by your lender(s), you should give it a try. Therefore, contact your mortgage company immediately to discuss a loan modification.
- Discuss your situation with a real estate attorney and/or bankruptcy attorney to discuss your options if the loan modification is not approved.
- If a loan modification will not work, or is not approved, and you owe more than your home is worth and you cannot pay you mortgage, you need to speak with a REALTOR who specializes in short sales and pre-foreclosures (preforeclosures) to discuss selling your home.
- Rutherford County Tennessee: Murfreesboro TN, Smyrna TN and La Vergne TN (LaVergne TN)
- Williamson County Tennessee: Brentwood TN and Franklin TN
- Davidson County Tennessee: Nashville TN and Belle Meade TN